Dear Members and Friends,
Welcome to our Summer newsletter! This year has been incredibly exciting with the opening of the new Barwon Heads Arts and Community Hub and we want to thank you for your ongoing support.
We want to thank the community for your generous donations and acknowledge donations from Festival of the Sea, BH Op Shop, Ocean Grove Rotary and BH Senior Cits. Artworks have been donated by Mark Cairns and Kaz McGlynn.
We want to thank our 130 members who have signed up this year. We will be inviting you to a members evening in March to meet you and hear your ideas
Our mid year fundraising campaign raised nearly $11,000 to help to equip and activate the Hub. So far we have –
- Installed art hanging systems in the main studio space and meeting rooms
- Equipped the main building kitchenette as well as the maker shed kitchenette with crockery, kettles, fridges etc.
- Equipped the main building and maker shed with cleaning gear and equipment
- Bought A frame promotional signs
- Created an online backend booking system to mange the Hub’s hire
- (In development) webpage and public online booking system
More items to come in the new year including audio and IT equipment.
The Hub Garden
Our gardening volunteer group has been keeping the weeds down and the Lions Club of Ocean Grove and Barwon Heads has generously mowed our gardens this year. Recently we donated $250 to the Lions Club to thank them for assisting the Hub.
Photo sent through – from Left – Warren Hanlon (Lions), Vicki Strachan (BHAC), Philip Scrambler (Lions), Grant Hull (Lions). Behind the camera – Norm Buckley (Lions)
Booking the Hub
We are a volunteer community group and the Hub is open by appointment. To find out more about hiring one of our spaces- please call our volunteer bookings manager on 0457 263 455 or email email@example.com.You may want to go to our website www.bhac.org.au.
Pictured: Warren Hanlon (Lions), Vicki Strachan (BHAC), Philip Scrambler (Lions), Grant Hull (Lions). Behind the camera – Norm Buckley (Lions)